Professional and confidential help for adults in the Chicago area.
What is Addiction?
Addiction can be described as a simply as a harmful behavior that a person has an impulse to act on (and does), despite the negative consequences. Addiction is broad word that can encompass everything from drugs, eating, alcohol, internet & gaming, gambling, to shopping.
What is Addiction Counseling?
Counseling is a mainstay of addiction treatment for many people. Cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, and other types of counseling modalities can help you stay clean. Counselling can also treat other mental health conditions that often play a role in substance abuse.
Why You Need Counseling?
Addiction is more than a physical dependence on drugs or alcohol. Even after detox, when your body is no longer hooked, you’re at high risk for relapse. Certain psychological and social factors can be powerful triggers that lead to relapse:
- Stress, especially sudden life stresses
- Cues in the environment, like visiting a neighborhood
- Social networks, like spending time with friends who continue to use
We can help you and your loved ones in your recovery program by;
1. Individual and/or family counseling, helping you cope with triggers and the stressors that cause the urges to use or “act” upon the harmful behaviors.
2. Utilizing and customizing the best treatment modality to address your addiction
3. Creating a personal treatment plan that will fit your needs, and into your daily schedule.
4. Act as your support system, as you work through this process, and know that “you are not alone”.